Surgeon Consultant , MBBS, MS
15 Years of Experience
Dr Hitesh Garg is the head of Ortho-Spine surgery unit at Artemis hospital, Gurgaon, India. He has a rich experience of more than 15 years in spine surgery and has worked at many apex institutes around the globe like Yale University (USA), Shriners Hospital for Children, Philadelphia (USA). He has done his graduation from AIIMS, New Delhi (Top most college of India) and post graduation from prestigious KEM Hospital, Mumbai. In spite of being offered a faculty position in USA, he chose to come back to India with the aim to establish an advanced spine center of international repute in India. He has strong academic interest, has published nationally and internationally and has written chapters in world renowned books on spine surgery
Dr Hitesh Garg has more than 5000 spine surgeries to his credit including more than 2500 spinal fusions (TLIF, ACDF etc), 1000 deformity correction procedures (Scoliosis Surgery and kyphosis), 300 lumbar and cervical artificial disc replacements, 500 fracture treatments and 500 other complex surgeries like spinal tumour, congenital defects and spino-pelvic fixations.
Dr Hitesh Garg uses the latest cutting edge technology during surgery such as Neuromonitoring, O-arm, Navigation, modular operation theaters and microscope which allows him to have a high success rate of almost 98 percent.
Dr Hitesh Garg has operated on patients from more than 50 countries including USA, Canada, Australia, Germany, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Ethiopia, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Uganda, Turkmenistan, Nepal, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Nepal besides India. His clientele includes some of the very prominent national and international personalities including army officers, ministers, celebrities, sportspersons playing at national and international level, doctors and businessmen of national and international repute. His special interest includes minimally invasive spine surgeries, motion preserving spine surgeries, cranio-vertebral and cervical spine surgeries and deformity correction procedures for scoliosis and kyphosis.
Dr Hitesh Garg believes in meeting patients’ individual needs through comprehensive evaluation and treatment designed to help them achieve active, pain-free lifestyles. He combines leading edge techniques with proven traditional methods to provide patients with the best care possible.
1. Wenhai Wang, George Baran, Hitesh Garg, Randal R. Betz, Patrick J. Cahill: Cement augmentation of pedicle screw fixation: a finite element analysis 🙁 Submitted to spine)
2. Samdani A, Cahill P, Garg H, Bonet H, Betz R: Acute intraoperative shunt failure in a case with myelomeningocoele A case report : ( JBJS(Am) , Feb 2012 )
3. Miller CP, Jegede K, Essig D, Garg H, Bible JE, Biswas D, Whang PG, Grauer JN The Efficacies of Two Ceramic Bone Graft Extenders for Promoting Spinal Fusion in a Rabbit Bone Paucity Model. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011 Aug 18.
4. Garg, Hitesh , Ramachandran, Ravi, Yue, James “Prodisc-C”.Techniques in Orthopaedics: June 2010 – Volume 25 – Issue 2 – pp 118-126
5. Mohanty SS, Bhasme VK, Garg H, Wargantiwar A. The haemophilic pseudotumour – surgical treatment by excision and filling the defect with calcium-phosphate cement granules.( Haemophilia. 2007 Mar;13(2):217-20 )
6. Bapat M, Choudhary K, Garg H, Laheri V : Reconstruction of Iliac Crest using autogenous rib graft (Spine 2008 Nov 1;33(23) 2570-75 )
7. Garg H Mohanty SS: Study of the self centering mechanism of bipolar endoprosthesis (Thesis. Mumbai university)
8. Singhal T, Garg H, Arora HS, Lodha R, Pandey RM, Kabra SK : Efficacy of a homemade spacer with acute exacerbation of bronchial asthma : A randomized controlled trial.( Indian J Pediatr 2001; 68(1) : 37-40 )
Degenerative spine disorders, Spinal deformity, Spinal trauma, Spinal Infections, Osteoporosis, Spinal Tumours