Dr Naresh Trehan, a graduate from King George Medical College, is a renowned Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic surgeon, trained and practiced at New York University Medical Centre Manhattan USA.
He is also recognized by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery. Dr Naresh Trehan is the Chairman & Managing Director, Medanta – The Medicity, a 1500 bedded multi super speciality institute, which offers cutting edge technology and state of art treatment facilities at an affordable cost. The Institute is governed under the guiding principles of providing medical services to patients with care, compassion and commitment.
Before living his dream, Dr. Trehan was the executive director and founder of the Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, the centre was conceptualized, created and managed by Dr. Trehan (from 1987 to May 2007). He has received many prestigious awards, including the Padma Shree and the Padma Bhushan Award, presented by the Government of India.
He was the President of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (ISMICS), Minneapolis, USA 2004-05 and has also received Honorary Doctorate Degrees from three prestigious universities.
List of Treatment
- Neonatal and Infant cardiac surgeries
- Closure of defects like ASD VSD
- Complex congenital heart surgery
- TAPVC – Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection Repair Arterial Switch
- Single Ventricle Defects Surgery
- ECMO Support
- Device Closure- ASD VSD
- Balloon Valvuloplasty – Aortic
- PDA Device Closure
- Coronary Angiogram
- Cerebral Angiogram
- Peripheral Angiogram
- PTCA-Percutaneous Tran luminal
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Peripheral Angioplasty
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Avr Surgery
Memberships & Certifications
- Member of Society of Thoracic Surgeons of U.S.A.
- President of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (ISMICS), Minneapolis, USA in the year 2004-05.
- Member of the Scientific Council of the American College of Angiology, U.S.A.
- Fellow of the International Medical Sciences Academy.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, London.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Minneapolis in the USA.
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, USA.
- Appointed as a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal “Heart Surgery Forum”, Charlottesville, VA, USA.
- Member of The European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery.
- Council Member of Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons of Asia.
- Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industries – Healthcare Industry Committee.
- President of the Indian Health Care Federation.
- Member of the Key Advisory Group, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Member, Governing Council Technology, Information, Forecasting & Assessment Council (TIFAC), New Delhi.
- Vice-Chairman, Services Export Promotion Council, Government of India.
- Member, Institute Body of Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow since the year1996-2001.
- Member of the Task Force on Skill Development, XIth Five Year Plan, Planning Commission, Government of India.
- Member, at the Governing Council of Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology, Bangalore, India.
- Teaching Assistant in Surgery at the New York University Medical Center, New York, USA from 1971-1974.
- Clinical Instructor in Surgery at the New York University Medical Center, New York, USA since the year 1971-1974.
- Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon at the New York University Medical Center, New York, U.S.A. from 1979-1988.
- Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon at the New York Infirmary-Beekman Downtown Hospital, New York, U.S.A. since the year 1979-1988.
- Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon at the St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center in New York, U.S.A. from 1979-1988.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at the New York University Medical Center, New York, USA since the year 1981-1988.
- Executive Director and Chief Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon at the Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, Okhla Road in New Delhi from 1988 & 2007.
- Appointed as a Personal Surgeon to the President of India with effect from June, 1991.
- Appointed as Honorary Consultant to the Cromwell Hospital in London in the U.K. with effect from March, 1994.
- Appointed as Honorary Visiting Professor, Cardiovascular Surgery, LPS Institute of Cardiology, Kanpur (U.P.) with effect from June, 1996.
- Appointed as a Honorary Consultant, Cardiothoracic Surgery, to the Armed Forces Medical Services, with effect from March, 1997.
- Appointed as Honorary Visiting Professor of Surgery, Bangladesh Medical College, Dhaka with effect from April, 2000.
- Senior Consultant Cardiovascular Surgery at Apollo Hospital, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi from June, 2007- December, 2009.
- Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon and Consultant, Bellevue Hospital of the city of New York in the U.S.A.
- Chief Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic Surgeon at the Veterans Administration Hospital at Manhattan, U.S.A.
Awards & Accomplishments
Served as personal surgeon to the President of India since 1991, has received numerous awards, including the Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award and numerous other prestigious awards.